February 14–18, 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
WELCOME TO THE YN ACADEMY
7th Young Negotiator Academy
The YN Academy is a 5-day intensive program and taught by the faculty of the Vienna School of Negotiation. The program focuses on interactive learning and the exchange of participants, experienced practitioners and international expert. It takes place once a year and provides young people under the age of 30 with international Keynote-Lectures, working group sessions, simulations, presentations and Best- Practice-Dialogues. Students, interested young people of all backgrounds and young professionals, active in the field of politics, science and business, are invited to apply. Based on the qualifications, motivation and dedication the committee of the Vienna School of Negotiation expresses individual invitations.
But what exactly is goal of the YN Academy?
The YN Academy is a core element of the Young Negotiator Initiative.. High-profile lecturers, speakers, and trainers will provide an exclusive training – this makes the YN Academy absolutely unique in the field of negotiation training.. We corporate with renowned academic institutions and are therefore happy to support any academic accreditation process for e.g ECTS.
Our goal is to provide professional negotiation training to young people of all backgrounds and value interdisciplinary, intergenerational, and intercultural cooperation.
The participation fee will amount to 490€ (no VAT) and covers the training material and your personal personality profiles (PCM PPI, DRA).
More information regarding your personality profiles will be provided as soon as your application is accepted by our committee.
Methods of the Vienna School of Negotiation
Harvard's Pricipled Negotiation
Getting our boss, our colleagues or our partner to say ‘YES!’ to suggestions would make life simplier for many of us.
Unfortunately, convincing others and stating your point of view can be tricky sometimes.
Harvard`s Principled Negotiation was designed for such situations by Prof. Roger Fisher and his team at Harvard Law School. It is a popular negotiation tool that explains how to discuss and communicate more efficiently.
Emphasising interests instead of positions, differentiating between factual and relationship levels or using objective standards are only a few suggestions that can help reach goals more easily and effectively.
Successful negotiations are always based on techniques and tools. Harvard`s Principled Negotiation pushes debates and arguments to a new level, because its use provides confidence and constancy.
Want to join us at our awesome YN Academy 14th – 18th February 2022
It is quite easy, just …
1. send us your CV and
2. a video or motivational letter.
CV + or YNA
Then sit back while a selected committee consisting of YNI and faculty members of the Vienna School of Negotiation decides who will get the opportunity to participate in the YN Academy #7.
The application period for the YN Academy 2022 has already started.
For more information please contact us via email@example.com
e.g. YNA Agenda 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the participation fee?
Participants only have to cover direct material costs (incl. handouts, individual PCM® Personality Profile Index (PPI) and printed PCM® profiles as well as teaching material). YNI Partners cover in form of scholarships the costs arising from trainer and keynote fees, location, etc.
What are my benefits?
Expand your personal skillset regarding negotiation and communication. Get a better understanding of your peronsality profile. Build a network of people with diverse backgrounds and similar mindsets. Get to know YNI partners and faculty, consisting of international trainers and experts. Become part of the YNI community and get regular invitations to exclusive events and trainings. Enjoy 5 days of great atmosphere, exchange and fun. Re-imagine the way of cooperation!
What will be the learning objectives of the 5-day intense program on negotiation?
Becoming able to identify and use the vast possibilities of the negotiation toolbox, including
Harvard`s Principled Negotiation - or 4 principles of interest-based negotiation (Fisher, Ury, Patton)
- Ability to successfully prepare for negotiations with the 7 Elements
- Conduct diagnosis of real life situations with the Circle Chart
- Identify the 3 main sides of negotiation and how to address them
- Analyse your own conflict negotiating styles and make use of others` in different situations
- Successfully prepare contract deals (Harvard simulations and cases)
- Train yourself in multiparty negotiations
- Make use of different negotiation strategies in different situations
Process Communication Model®
- Ability to deal with the people side in negotiations
- Get to know your distress behavior and how to charge your own batteries
- Spot other personalities and learn how to address them
- Sharpen your understanding of different personality types and their character traits
- Understand communication preferences as well as the role of psychological needs concerning distress behavior
- Increase self-management and your agility when negotiating by using tailored interventions
Leading Out of Drama®
- Train your skills with compassion circle: ORPO
- Tame energy vampires with compassion and its three core skills: open, resourceful and persistent
- Strengthen your resilience by practicing Compassionate Conflict and managing drama risks and behavior